Tuesday 17 October 2017

Review: Rhyannon Byrd's "The Weekend:London Affair Part 1 (London Affair: An International Love Story #1)".


Synopsis:

American art-history graduate Emmy Reed is in London, hoping to land her dream job by getting an exclusive scoop on a famous reclusive artist. When a dangerous encounter throws her into the path of millionaire playboy Jase Beckett, Emmy is grateful for his quick-thinking - but equally determined to turn down his proposal to be his date for a family wedding. That is, until she discovers that her sought-after artist is his grandfather.

Tired of the game-playing women in his circle, Jase finds Emmy refreshingly fascinating. And as the weekend progresses and they work together to survive his insufferable family's devious scheming, Emmy and Jase find themselves drowning in an intoxicating sexual chemistry that leaves them both desperate for more...and reeling emotionally.

When their stunning weekend is over, neither is ready to let go. But dark secrets surround the Beckett family - can their fledgling relationship survive the damaging revelations to come? 

Review: Jo

This book sounded right up my street so I couldn't wait to get started. Although it didn't quite grip me in the way that I'd hoped, it was still a good read and I was left wanting more. I can't wait for book two to see what happens next for Emmy and Jase. 

The premise of this story is one that I've read hundreds of times, but it's one that can never grow old with me. Rich, alpha and stunning hero with a down to earth heroine that is easy to relate to. I will always want to read these kind of romance novels so in the story department it did not let me down. Jase was the hot single guy with a bit of a mysterious past and family issues that I was curious of. Emmy was a sweet and sassy girl who gave Jase a bit more of a fight than what he was used to, which of course made Emmy even more attractive. 

This quick read continued with a steamy romance between Jase and Emmy that I enjoyed and left me with a bit of a cliffhanger ending. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next and also getting a bit more into Jase's past. I'm pretty certain there is a lot more to discover about him and his family. 

"London Affair" gets 3.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment