Thursday 19 October 2017

Review: Angel Payne's "Misadventures with a Super Hero (Misadventures #3)."


Synopsis: 

Working the night shift at a five-star hotel in downtown Los Angeles, I get my fair share of weirdos. But none of them prepared me for the night I met Bolt. He saved my life. 
Now, he's my super hero--the hunk I'm yearning to thank in more creative ways than a damn kiss on the cheek. Too bad he's actually Reece Richards, my full-on nerd of a real-life boss. 
He's got some commitment issues thanks to his evil ex and global empire--and from having to save the city from a maniac out to destroy everything he loves. 
But there's something that just may interfere with all those plans. My heart. 





Review: Jo 

This one took me a little while to get into, so much so that I actually put it aside for a few days and then returned to it. How glad am I that I did return, because this book turned out to be a brilliant read that I finished in one day!! I was addicted to the story of superhero love. 

"How did I go so long without this? Without you?"

I absolutely loved Bolt and Emmalina's romance. Their story was passionate, exciting and extremely hot. As you can imagine, sex with a superhero took orgasms to a whole new level. Their steamy scenes were beyond hot. Lucky Emmalina!! There was also a fair bit of drama involved in Bolt and Emmalina's story. Just like Louis and Clarke Kent, it was almost impossible for the pair to have a real relationship. Despite the obstacles, Bolt and Emmalina fell insanely in love with each other and I was rooting for them to find a way to make their relationship last.

"I'm so far out of my comfort zone, I'm in the fucking desert-
and she's the only oasis that can keep me alive." 

I loved the two main characters. Emmalina was just a normal girl next door who just happened to attract the attention of a superhero, and I loved how she dealt with the problems that came along with a guy who was not the norm. Bolt was crazily hot! I fell hard for this gorgeous man as soon as I realised how much of an alpha he was. Bolt made me go giddy with lust for him and I found myself swooning over and over again with the way he treated Emmalina. He truly was the perfect package, especially with that electric currant running through him. 

"We're a pair of fallen angels, making a path through the stars 
with the fire of our fucking." 

This is my first read from Angel Payne but I will definitely be on the look out for more books from this author. "Misadventures with a Superhero" was a fresh, fun and heart-racing read that I couldn't get enough of. 

"I want to give you a lifetime of wows, Emmalina." 

This one 4.5 hearts from me,

No comments:

Post a Comment