Thursday 27 April 2017

Review: Tara Sue Me's "Master Professor. (Lessons From The Rack #1)."


Synopsis: 

Students are begging to be held after class...

Andie Lincoln is madly in love with Terrence Knight--her childhood friend-turned-Hollywood's newest golden boy. But he's a Dominant and wants her trained as a submissive before he'll consider a relationship with her. He enrolls her at the RACK Academy with strict instructions for her teachers: Do whatever you need to, but don't take her virginity.

Fulton Matthews, the director of incoming students, is enthralled by Andie. Though he questioned her enrollment at first, watching her discover her submissive nature is hotter than his most intense fantasy. Under his control, her sexual awakening brings him to his knees.

Yet they can go only so far. Andie belongs to another, and Fulton is bound by a contract that strictly forbids relationships between teachers and students. But when Terrence comes to collect his prize, Fulton discovers it's not easy to let Andie go. . .

Review: Jo 

"Kiss me like I've never been kissed 
and kiss me so I forget every kiss except yours.

After enjoying "The Submissive" series, I was looking forward to this new book and the start of a brand new series. It sounded like my kind of read so I couldn't wait to get started. Unfortunately it didn't quite deliver in the way that I had hoped. Don't get me wrong, I did like Andie and Fulton's story, I just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. 

The story follows Andie's journey into the world of BDSM when she enrols in an exclusive training academy. This is where she meets her sexy tutor, Fulton. I did like Andie, she seemed like a nice enough character, but I was quite surprised at how confident she was when it came to her sexual awakening, especially because she was a virgin. Andie was not afraid to act on her desires, that's for sure. When it came to Fulton, I found that he was a bit of a disappointment. He wasn't nearly as masterful or sexy as I had expected a Dominant to be. I obviously had set my standards on Tara's previous Dom's and so sadly Fulton didn't quite get the reaction from me that I usually would. I was hoping that I would go all weak in the knees over him, however this never happened. 

The story itself was a good one, I enjoyed the premise and looked forward to Andie and Fulton's affair play out and at times I enjoyed what I was reading. At the beginning I liked Andie and Fulton together and I was intrigued as to what would happen between them. However for me their feelings for each other grew far too quickly. It wasn't quite insta-love but it wasn't far off and I felt that for Andie and Fulton, this didn't work and I found myself thinking that it wasn't very believable. I failed to feel any chemistry or excitement between the pair. It was a shame because I truly wanted to love this one. I was also surprised at the lack of erotic scenes considering the subject of the book. I think I counted three sexy scenes in the entire story, and I was fully prepared for a steamy read. Lol! 

Overall this was an okay read but it didn't make me fall crazy in love. 

"You will always be my beacon of light and my heart's home." 

"Master Professor" gets 3.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment