Monday 3 April 2017

Review: Nicola Rendell's "Hail Mary."


Synopsis: 

A funny, naughty, dirty *standalone* sports romance...

At a boxing gym in Chicago, Mary Monahan accidentally knocks out the most handsome man she’s ever met. After she wakes him up with a few slaps and some smelling salts, the very first thing he does is ask her out for ribs and beer. His name is Jimmy. He looks like a Gillette model. And he’s just too hunky to resist.

Jimmy “The Falcon” Falconi is mystified that Mary has absolutely no idea who he is. Mystified and refreshed. He is, after all, not your everyday NFL quarterback. He shops at Costco, has a soft spot for Pinterest, and is in the midst of an epic losing streak.

Jimmy falls for Mary fast and hard, the way he does everything—balls out and like it’s fourth and long. And he realizes he’s finally met his match. That stamina he’s so proud of? Doesn’t stand a chance against her Kegels.

But what they don’t know is she’s also his new physical therapist, recently hired by the Bears to work on his rotator cuff…and groin injury. If she can’t help him, he’ll be traded faster than they can say “offensive penetration.”

In spite of the thousands of internet memes featuring Jimmy’s face with captions like: “HEY GIRL, WANT TO TOUCH MY BALLS?” Mary finds herself falling for him and his unrelenting desire to make her his.

Until a toddler shows up at Jimmy’s door.

And throws their lives into total chaos.

***

Review: Jo 

What a fantastic read this was. My first book from Nicola Rendell and it will definitely not be my last. I loved "Hail Mary." If you love sports romance, this is a must to add to your TBR's. 

"I can't stop it. I can't fight it. And I don't want to. Now it's me and her." 

The hero of the story was absolutely gorgeous. He truly was perfect. I loved every single thing about him. Jimmy was an injured football star, with so much going wrong for him that my heart broke. A game away from losing his career, things were going downhill fast. Jimmy was so lovely and didn't deserve any of the bad stuff that was coming his way. The heroine of the story was a physical therapist, prepared to heal Jimmy's injuries. Luckily for Jimmy, Mary appeared to be the woman that could bring him some much needed good luck. 

"We can make the world disappear. We can make everything else just a whisper." 

Jimmy and Mary were the perfect match, they got on so well and had so many things in common. I loved every minute of watching their relationship flourish. From the start, I could feel that Jimmy and Mary were going to be awesome together. I loved that they didn't waste anytime in getting to know one another. Everything happened so quickly between the pair. If you enjoy intsa-love, you are going to love Jimmy and Mary. I sure did. The sex scenes were incredible. Jimmy definitely knew what he was doing in that department. Lucky Mary!! There was a hell of a lot of sexy action going on in this story, but there was an equal amount of swoony romance too. There was also a fair amount of drama. This book had it all going on. 

"She's a showstopper, a fork-dropper, and a train-of-thought stealer. 
Nobody's pussycat but mine."

I loved the secondary characters in this story, especially Bridget and I wouldn't say no to reading a book about her. I also loved Frankie the dog and cute little Annie. she just pulled at my heartstrings. She was so adorable. All of these extra scenes made the story even more entertaining. With brilliant writing, and fast paced events, I remained fully invested every step of the way. There really isn't anything negative to say about my first Nicola Rendell novel. I am excited to read more of this authors work. 

"Let me love you. Don't make me wait. Give me everything you are." 

"Hail Mary" gets 4.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment