Tuesday 18 October 2016

Review: Tiffany Reisz's "Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work #2)."


Synopsis

A feast she wasn't expecting! 

Clover Greene would sooner crawl into her oven than host family for Thanksgiving dinner. Yet another annual ritual of too much food, served with a side of criticism over "Clover's Bad Life Choices." This year, she needs to distract them all—with a handsome fake boyfriend. And she has the perfect guy in mind. 

Contractor Erick Fields is the poster boy for sexy single dads, and Clover has been secretly crushing on him for ages. She certainly wasn't expecting Erick to agree to her insane charade…or to add lots of hot, wicked sex to the deal. If they can pull it off, the worst Thanksgiving ever might give them something to be really thankful for! 

Review: Jo 

I loved this cute standalone story from one of my favourites authors. The story of single dad, Erick and the forever single, Clover was one that I enjoyed so much that I had a permanent grin on my face for the entire time that I was reading. "Her Naughty Holiday" was fun, sexy and definitely swoon-worthy. 

"I have a very dirty mouth. You don't know how dirty."
"Can I find out how dirty? Now you've got me curious." 

Just like the first book in the "Men at Work" series, the hero of the story was a normal, everyday guy with a normal, manly job. No billionaire CEO's in this series and I absolutely loved that. Not that there is anything wrong with rich, sexy guys, it was just nice to change things up a little. I felt as though it also made the characters a lot more easier to relate to. I also enjoyed the fact that Erick was a single dad. I adored watching this sexy man in his role of father to a plucky teenager. The relationship that they shared was both hilariously funny and also heartwarming. Erick was an all-round gorgeous man who turned out to be perfect for Clover. 

Clover was a brilliant character who was so sweet and lovely. There really wasn't a bad bone in her body. Clover's delightful personality was the main reason that I smiled so much and I was so happy with how the story developed for her. I loved getting to know Clover and I loved how easy she was to connect with. Because Clover was a single woman in her thirties who was hardworking and kindhearted, I was ecstatic with the way that her life improved with Erick. I easily took Clover to my heart and wanted so much for her to be treated in the way that she deserved. 

Erick and Clover's relationship was so much fun. I loved how well the couple got along together and how naturally they developed a relationship. I think because the pair were both that little bit older than a lot of the characters from the books I usually read, there were no games being played. Their maturity shone through. Erick and Clover both knew what they wanted which resulted in me being able to sit back,  relax and enjoy the story. 

"He kissed her as hard as he loved her 
and he loved her as hard as he kissed her." 

If you are in the mood for a standalone romance without any frustrating angst or drama to get your knickers in a twist, the books from this series are well worth the read. 

"Her Naughty Holiday" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment