Wednesday 21 September 2016

Review: Pepper Winters "Can't Touch This."

Synopsis:

I don’t want to touch it. 
I really, really don’t.
He’s egotistical, crass, and my patient’s owner—which makes him totally off limits. 
Yep, that’s right. He owns the wiener I’m currently working on. 
A wiener dog—get your dirty mind out of the gutter. 
I’ve also worked on his spoodle, his cocker-shitzu, and a cheagle—don’t ask. (And no, it’s not a sexual position.) 
It doesn’t help that he also represents most of my joint-owned veterinary practice’s small clientele. We’d only just opened the doors a few months ago, and in he strode with a yelping Taco Terrier. One haughty look at our sparkling new facilities, he’d demanded royal treatment, even though I was currently finger deep up a squalling tom cat. 
Ever since then, he expects me to serve him.
Any time. All the time. 
Him and his revolving zoo of dogs. 
One of these days, I’m going to swat him for being such a pompous ass but I can’t deny the way he handles his charges makes me want to see past the ‘do as I say and don’t ask questions’ barking exterior. 
But then last week…he caught me staring at his um, cough, package. 
His bossy commands switched to a cocky smirk. 
He gave me permission to do something I promised myself I would never ever do.
I can touch it.
If I want…

Review: Surj 

Pepper Winters... that name is synonymous with writing very successful dark, twisted romances that wrap themselves around your heart, squeezing the life out of the very organ that keeps you alive. This author likes to give your nerves and emotions a good work out so that by the time you've turned the last page, as much as you feel completely fulfilled and content as a reader, you kinda also feel a little exhausted too, lol. Mrs Winters has also tried her hand at contemporary romance this year and of course, it was an absolute hit, but when she announced (out of the blue) that she had written a romantic comedy, I have to say, I was a little surprised. This author revels in the joys of ripping your heart out and stamping all over it so to do a complete 180 turn and write a book that would have me laughing and giggling, of course I did a double take. However anything she writes definitely piques my interest so I couldn't wait to dive in. 

"I tell you man, women are witches. They have some sort of hocus-pocus
that bypasses our brains and turns our dicks into sex zombies."

The cover was the first thing that jumped out out me (quite literally ... he he he!!!). It was bold and bright and pretty damn hot. Then there was the synopsis which had an abundance of humour  and had me desperate to get to know these two main characters better. Their story looked like one I would definitely enjoy. Then of course there was the beautiful note inside the cover that had been penned by Pepper explaining how this book had come about and how it had helped her heal during one of the worst months of her life. Her note was heart breaking but at the same time, there was an uplifting tone to it and I couldn't wait to see how her written words had helped her overcome such tragedy and loss.

Well, it didn't take me long to "get it" that's for sure. "Can't Touch This" was a book that was light hearted, hilariously funny and full to the brim with sexual innuendo's that left me with a constant  cheesy grin on my face.  Then there was the sexual tension and the heat." Holy hell fire, did my face burn red with all the hot flushes I experienced whilst reading Vesper and Ryder's book. The anticipation of these two getting it on drove me crackers but I kept going because I knew that when "it" did finally happen, there would be fireworks!!! 

Something tethered me to him. Something strong and undeniable and foreign but familiar. 
This wasn't just a hug. This was a transition of everything living between us that
hadn't found the courage to be voiced. 

From the characters names to the hilarious situations they found themselves in, from the wieners to the chiweenies and of course the banter between Ryder and Vesper, this really was a laugh a minute read. I absolutely loved Vesper's character. She was strong and independent and completely dedicated to the care of the animals that came to her practice. There was no time for men in her life, especially the bossy, standoffish variety. So why was Ryder Carson getting under her skin and affecting her so much? And Ryder, at first glance, he was a bit of an asshole but the more I got to know him and read his POV, the more I really liked him. He was not only sexy as hell with a touch of alpha bossiness but there was also a compassionate side to him and put all of that together and I was swooning like a love sick puppy. 

If you're looking for something a little different to read, something light and fluffy and funny, honestly, pick this up. You won't be disappointed. I rated "Can't Touch This" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Oh may I?"
"May you what?"
"Touch him"
"Touch my wiener?"
She scowled "Yes."
"You've already held him I think your past asking permission."


No comments:

Post a Comment