Monday 22 August 2016

Review: Monica Murphy's "Daring the Bad Boy (Endless Summer)."


Synopsis

Truth or Dare was never this much fun...

Annie McFarland is sick of being a shy nobody. A session at summer camp seems like the perfect opportunity to reinvent herself—gain some confidence, kiss a boy, be whoever she wants to be. A few days in, she’s already set her sights on über-hottie Kyle. Too bad her fear of water keeps her away from the lake, where Kyle is always hanging out. 

Jacob Fazio is at Camp Pine Ridge after one too many screw-ups. Junior counseling seems like punishment enough, but the rigid no-fraternizing-with-campers rules harsh his chill. When a night of Truth or Dare gets him roped into teaching Annie how to swim, she begs him to also teach her how to snag Kyle. 

Late-night swim sessions turn into late-night kissing sessions...but there’s more on the line than just their hearts. If they get caught, Jake’s headed straight to juvie, but Annie’s more than ready to dare him to reveal the truth.

Review-Jo 

This was a sweet little romance that was perfect for this time of year. It was a tale full of first's - First crush, first kiss and first love. A YA story that melted my heart and was a refreshing change from the books that I had been previously reading. I would recommend this one if you are looking for a cute and easy to read book to while away a sunny afternoon. 

"I wanted to do the right thing. But I also wanted Annie. 
When did I ever do the right thing?" 

The heroine of the story had an adorable name to match her adorable personality. Annie was the slightly nerdy, good girl about to go on her first ever summer camp. Annie was desperately in need of some excitement in her young life and was hoping that summer camp would be the way to go. Jake was the boy with a rebellious streak, sent to camp as punishment and as a way to change his bad boy behaviour. I will always love a bad boy/good girl story and this one did not disappoint. 

"You can't fight fate. We were meant to be, Annie." 

Monica Murphy writes this YA romance perfectly. Full of innocence and gentle love between the two main characters. I enjoyed watching Jake and Annie's budding romance develop, although I did have to keep reminding myself of their ages and why the relationship was so slow-building. My favourite part of the story was the last few chapters, I was delighted with the way everything came together for Jake and Annie and I ended the story with a huge grin on my face. 

"I'd break the rules for you." 

If you love YA, you are sure to love this one. 

"Daring the Bad Boy" gets 3.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment