Tuesday 23 August 2016

Review: Molly McAdams's "Show Me How (Thatch #3)."


Synopsis

After her first love was ripped from her grasp four years earlier, Charlie Easton was sure she would never be able to trust anyone with the shattered pieces of her heart again. That is, until Deacon Carver forces himself into her life, and makes those pieces swirl in chaos. But Charlie doesn't know how to let him in… until a stranger stumbles upon a notebook filled with her innermost secrets, and shows her how.

Deacon Carver is known for sleeping his way through the town of Thatch, as well as the surrounding cities—something he used to take pride in. But that persona has haunted Deacon ever since he decided to leave that life behind for the girl he wants more than anything: Charlie Easton.

But when another girl falls into Deacon's life, allowing him to be himself without judgment for his past, will their conversations hinder his relationship with Charlie … even if he's never seen her? 

Review: Jo 

This was another gorgeous tale from Molly McAdams. I loved it so much that I devoured it in one day. "Show Me How" was a truly beautiful story that made me swoon like crazy and left my heart bursting at the seams. 

"I'd never been haunted by a girl the way you haunt me, Charlie Easton." 

When it came to love, poor Charlie Easton had suffered an awful experience that had left it almost impossible for her to trust and unwilling to giver her heart away so easily again. Charlie was adamant that the next boy that she fell in love with was going to be someone special. Charlie longed for a real life Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet and she was not going to settle for anything less. Charlie had set her standards extremely high, but when I learned of her past heartbreak, I couldn't blame her at all. Deacon was the exact opposite of the kinda guy that Charlie needed in her life. An eternal playboy with a dislike for love, children and any kind of commitment. In fact, Deacon didn't even believe in love so when Charlie reenters his world, there was no way in a million years that anyone could envision the pair together. He just did not appear to be the man for Charlie. 

"This is usually the part of the book where the hero kisses the girl."
"I don't know how to be that hero, Charlie Girl." 

I absolutely loved watching this story play out. As soon as I began reading, I found myself feeling sorry for Charlie. She was a sweet girl who had been treated so badly. When I first met Deacon, my opinion of him was quite low. His attitude made me angry, however as the story progressed, I was soon changing my mind. By the time that I reached the second half, I was rooting for him every step of the way. I adored the change in Deacon and seeing what was happening between him and Charlie melted my heart. The more that I read, the more I fell for Deacon. By the end, I was madly in love with him. 

"Don't give me your heart, Charlie Girl. 
I'll break it without even trying." 

Although I loved both of the main characters in this book, it was a secondary character that completely owned my heart. Kieth was the most delightful character and he kept me entertained throughout the entire story. Seeing the relationship that formed between Keith and Deacon gave me so much joy. For me, Keith was the character that stole the show. 

Charlie and Deacon's story was the most perfect way to conclude the series and Molly finished it off with a stunning epilogue that was the icing on the cake. I have loved everything about this final instalment. If you are in need of a book that will fill your heart with happiness, look no further. Go and one-click this beautiful story. I am certain that you will not be disappointed. 

"I loved the way he loved me, even if he didn't realize it." 

"Show Me How" gets 4.5 hearts from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment