Thursday 25 July 2013

Review: Crystal Spears "Seize Me."

@CrystalDSpears
5 Hearts Review of Crystal Spears "Seize Me."

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/18jx3G4
Amazon UK:  http://amzn.to/12rSJrL

This review contains language & discusses topics people may find offensive.

Synopsis:

Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father. One day, her father does the unspeakable. When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.

No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada. Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has. Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county. While working a shift, Pyro, Lana’s long time crush, propositions Winter. He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck. She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.

When Winter’s eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized. He is everything she is running from but at the same time, everything she wants. Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter’s life.

Rivals of Braxxon’s club are vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood. Winter's and Braxxon’s relationship is anything but a normal one. If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.

What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter’s father locating her? It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.

Review: Surj

What do you get if you cross two rival motorcycle Clubs and the Russian Mafia? A mother fucking blood bath that's what!!!! I was on the look out for my next "pull me out of my comfort zone" read and it landed in my lap on Sunday!!!! Holy freakin' hell this book was brilliant, amazing, awesome.... I loved every bit of it and yes, it pulled me right out of my cosy reading corner and sent my mind into over drive. I couldn't get enough of this story and was hooked more or less from page one. I wanted raw, gritty, dirty and angsty and that's exactly what I got with "Seize Me." 
Be warned, this book covers topics that some may find offensive and upsetting. If you're easily offended, then this book is definitely not for you. I donned my big girl panties for this one and by god did I need them. 

Winter Belov was an exotic dancer, the best in the county. She was strong minded and feisty and never crossed the dancer/ client line. Hell this one didn't even do private dances. Well not until Pyro convinced her and her best friend Lana to do a private gig at the Breakneck MC ... well it was the president's (Braxxon) birthday!!! Begrudgingly she agreed. That gig changed her life forever. Winter danced for Braxxon and ended up in his bed. It was hilarious to read because she couldn't even look at him. She had this image in her mind that the president of the MC would be fat and ugly. Little did she know that this one was a complete hottie. His voice had already charmed the pants off her (literally speaking but she didn't think luck would be on her side when it came to his looks):

Oh. My. God. That voice could melt chocolate. Please let his face match that sex filled voice;
please, please, please I silently beg as my panties dampen. 

How wrong could one girl be because the minute she saw him, his face, his body, his scar, it was game over and I loved it. Every ounce of cockiness, of feistiness was gone. The connection was instant but they fought it. She'd left the life of crime behind  and had no intention of going back to it. And Braxxon, well when he found out she was the daughter of a Russian Mafia boss, he knew he had invited trouble:

"You brought a fucking belov into my club? You let me fuck a Belov. I don't have a death wish!"

 But you can't help who you fall for now can you? And he was not about to give her up. In fact he'd already claimed her:

"You're mine. I've fucked you raw. That makes you mine."

I loved the effect Winter had on Braxxon. She'd turned him into mush and he knew it:

Well hell. Let me just cut off my balls and hand them to her on a silver damn dinner platter. 
Could I be any more of a little bitch? 

But theirs wasn't going to be an easy ride. In fact when the girls broke down 15 minutes from the gig, who would have thought it would lead to an already volatile situation between two motorcycle clubs erupting into a full scale war? Definitely not me. There was betrayal, gun battles, drug wars, torture and rape. You name it, it happened and it wasn't pretty. In fact at times it was uncomfortable to read but I was addicted to the story and had to keep going. Even when the unthinkable happened and my heart shredded for Winter, even when the author went into detail about it, I couldn't put the book down:

My soul is shattering into a million pieces; my heart no longer feels any love for this world 
I'm living and breathing in. How can it be? This is the devil's act. I'm living in hell. 

 My connection to the characters and the story was so strong, I devoured every word on every line on each page, I just couldn't get enough. Having chapters written from both Winter and Braxxon's POV really helped with this connection. Braxxon Breaker stole my heart. Yes he was the bad ass president of Break Neck MC but he'd found the one and he'd do anything to keep her safe. I loved that he claimed "Breakneck" for her. At that point my heart was beating so fast because of the situation they were in but also because he had claimed her as his "forever":

Breakneck is the MC name, but also a word for family. He's asking if I'm laying a 
claim of forever on her. That is the kind of claim we would risk everything for. 
"Breakneck," I repeat.

This guy was well and truly swoon worthy!!!  He was also super extreme alpha male (just how we like them) and those double lip rings with the chain going between them... yummy. But he did piss me off and I don't just mean a little. He was a complete bastard on a few occasions but do you know what, guilt is a bitch as is karma and that made me feel so much better. 

Winter... now she was strong. She'd already been through so much in her life. The cards she'd been dealt not good ones and falling for Braxxon, well she'd already known a life of crime so she knew exactly what she was getting into. Her story broke my my heart. The events surrounding her character crushed me and the way she dealt with it all, there were moments I struggled to read on because I truly felt every bit of hurt and pain she was going through:

Angel is still drinking, snorting, and mentally healing. 
I don't know what will fix her if anything. 

 But this angel was strong and she came out the other end a fighter!!!! She was bad ass like you wouldn't believe. There's nothing like a woman scorned and she had one thing on her mind... revenge and not the nice kind. We're talking blood!!! 

The whole Breakneck MC were one big family, from the guys to the old ladies to some of the whores and to the kids and I felt part of it. There were so many secondary characters that I also connected with: Lana, Pyro, ZZ, Berry ... all playing their parts in this story and me hoping they'd get their own books. Some will, some won't but you'll discover that as you work your way through the book. 

This book elicited so many emotions from me. There were moments I laughed but to be honest, most were where my heart rate was going ten to the dozen, anxiety taking over, controlling me until I had read past certain parts of the story. And then there were the gut wrenching, heart breaking moments where complete devastation took over. 
This isn't an easy read in terms of content but Crystal Spears does warn the reader at the start of the book. Me? Well I love a story like this... that isn't straight laced, that shows a dirtier side to life, that gets me thinking and questioning and that's why I rated this book 
5 Bad Ass Biker Hearts
I can't wait for the next book in the "Breakneck" series. Bring it on Girlfriend!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment